Back to Resources
Sector Specific Guidelines for Re-Opening
The Province of Ontario has developed a framework for re-opening the Province as well as sector specific resources to help protect workers and the general public from coronavirus.
• have a plan and supplies to keep all work surfaces and high touch areas clean;
• provide sanitizer or wash stations for staff and customers;
• control the number of people in the business premises and manage traffic flow to ensure social distancing of two meters;
• use cloth masks and face covers when physical distancing can’t be maintained (Public Health recommends non-medical cloth masks for the general public);
• provide signage that communicates to employees and customers health and safety protocols while in the store; and where possible,
• minimize contact with customers by continuing to offer and encourage online shopping, curbside delivery and contactless payment.
Guidance and Posters from the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development