Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
You may have a clear idea of what to post on social media, but are you taking time to engage with your online audience?
In this interactive presentation, Melissa will share activities to incorporate on your socials so you can boost your growth and engagement. Have your phone out & ready we will use it in this presentation!
What You'll Learn
- How to search for and use relevant hashtags to your posts
- Fun tips & tricks to optimize your stories on Instagram
- Collaboration methods to increase social connections
- How to run a successful “Giveaway”
Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
This webinar is designed for current QuickBooks Online users and expands on the topics presented in the QuickBooks Online Basics webinar. It is designed for contractors and trades who have employees and wish to explore useful features of QuickBooks Online, including:
Payroll (using QuickBooks Standard Payroll including the new WSIB module)
Projects feature, to track revenues and expenses by job
Manage Progress Billings based on a dollar amount or percentage of completion
Directly invoice job expenses to a customer
Knowledge of basic QuickBooks Online functions (Invoicing, AR, Expenses, Reconciliations, HST for Ontario sales)
Space is limited to 30 attendees.
Michele Craig is a CPA, CMA and founder of BookSmarts, a QuickBooks training and consulting firm based in Barrie, Ontario and serving Central Ontario. In addition to her accounting credential, Michele is also a certified Trainer for Adults and a QuickBooks Elite ProAdvisor.
Date: Thursday, March 4, 2021 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
The Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario, Holland Marsh Growers Association, Simcoe County EDO and Simcoe County Federation of Agriculture in partnership with Nottawasaga Futures are pleased to support our local agricultural community by hosting the annual AgKnowledge Forum.
Our virtual event will focus on Farm Safety, Mental Health and Funding Opportunities. Our goal is to provide tools for the farmer to overcome the challenges of COVID-19.
Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Register for the Industry 4.0 Automation Accelerator Program (AAP) to learn about practical tools and opportunities that your manufacturing business can implement to drive change and leverage smart manufacturing technologies.
- Develop a good understanding of tech advancements in Industry 4.0
- Deep dive into specific advancement in technologies and its applications
- Learn from organizations implementing Industry 4.0 initiatives
- Assess gaps in products and processes of your organization
- Identify Industry 4.0 projects for your organization
- Brainstorm your ideas with Subject Matter Experts and 1:1 consultations
- Develop a better understanding of Return on Investment analysis and Decision tree
- Discuss project specific funding and support options with the expert panel
Irene Sterian, PEng
Founder, President & CEO, REMAP
Director, Technology & Innovation, Celestica
Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Act One: Analytics and SEO – Quick and Simple Benefits
Act Two: Email Marketing – You’re Doing It Wrong, Let’s Fix That
What you'll learn:
- How to style your emails
- Suggestions on the frequency of emails Automation techniques
- How to personalize your email campaigns
Date: Thursday, March 11, 2021 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Canada’s services export sector accounts for the bulk of our economic activity, showing unmatched growth over the past two decades. And if you’ve ever sold a professional service to someone outside Canada, you’re a part of it.
In our new webinar, Selling your services to the world: How to find new markets, our trade experts will reveal how service-oriented small businesses can take advantage of new opportunities for expansion and identify emerging international markets.
Join us live on Thursday, March 11, 2021 from 1 to 2 p.m. ET to discover:
- The economic outlook for the Canadian services sector and key findings
- How you can take advantage of free trade agreements like CPTPP, CETA and CUSMA
- The overall impact of COVID-19 on the sector and the road to recovery
- How one Canadian company has succeeded in sustaining and expanding their export operations
- Top emerging market opportunities for Canadian services exports
Date: Thursday, March 11, 2021 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
This webinar is hosted by The Ontario Digital Main Street Initiative. Ever wondered who’s visiting your website, and what they’re doing there? Google Analytics can tell you all of that and more. Discover the fundamentals of Google Analytics in this beginner-level webinar.
- How to connect your website to Google Analytics
- How to set up Google Analytics properly to filter out irrelevant traffic
- How to create custom views and set goals within Google Analytics
- How to generate 5 key reports to let you know how your website is performing
- How to configure Google Analytics to automatically send you reports
Date: Monday, March 15, 2021 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Join Lakehead University for this panel discussion with community members in various roles; in Thunder Bay and Simcoe County. The participants will share their role and work with immigration and newcomers, and how this has impacted their communities.
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
This webinar is hosted by The Ontario Digital Main Street Initiative. Whether you have $0, $50, or $100 a month to spend on Facebook and Instagram, you can still reach your target customers and clients. Discover some creative ways to do so in this beginner-level webinar.
- How the Facebook and Instagram algorithms work, so your content can cut through and be seen, even without spending money
- How to decide when to boost a post, and how much to spend
- What your options are for advertising on Facebook and Instagram
- How to target your ads to your ideal customer or client based on demographics, geographic area, and more
- How to create successful written copy and imagery for Facebook and Instagram ads
Date: Thursday, March 18, 2021 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Our Keynote Speaker will be Hélène Savoie-Louis, Executive Director of the New Brunswick Mentor Apprentice Program (NB-MAP). Hélène will be dispensing valuable insights on coaching skills for journeypersons who have been given the responsibility for training the next generation of skilled tradespeople. While many of our experienced tradespeople have honed their skills for (in some cases) decades, do they have the teaching and coaching skills to mentor and encourage the apprentices under their supervision? It will be a lively and informative presentation with time for your questions.
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
The Ontario Worker’s Compensation system is constantly changing and becoming more complex every year. The Office of the Employer Adviser (OEA) has helped thousands of employers understand their obligations, roles and responsibilities under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act since 1985.
This webinar provides a basic overview of Workplace Safety and Insurance: who is covered, what are accidents, and reporting and other legal obligations. In addition, employer classification, return to work and appeals are addressed.
You will learn:
- Who needs to register and how the WSIB classifies employers
- What you need to report to WSIB and associated timelines
- What are your obligations in returning an injured worker to work
- What to do if you disagree with a WSIB decision
Date: Thursday, March 25, 2021 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
This webinar is hosted by The Ontario Digital Main Street Initiative. Social media can be a very powerful tool for business growth, but first you need to know what it is and how it works. In this fun and interactive workshop, we’ll look at the basics of today’s popular social media channels—including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest—and decide which are right for you. You’ll develop a social media plan that will drive business results without a big investment of time and energy.
- How other small businesses have built their brands on each social media channel, picking up tips and inspiration for your own social media activities.
- What likes, hashtags, shares and retweets are, and how and when to use them.
- How to determine the right content and tone for your business’s social media posts, and the right time and frequency to post them.
- How to develop an editorial calendar, with tips for scheduling and automation.
- How to analyze social media metrics and determine which ones to focus on for your business goals.