We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksEconomic-Development-Strategy 5-Year Economic Development Strategy (2021-2025)

Contact Us

Can we help you?

Skip Navigation LinksEconomic Development Office > Economic Development Strategy

5-Year Economic Development Strategy (2021-2025)

On November 12, 2019, the Economic Development Sub-Committee of County Council approved the Economic Development Office to undertake an update to the 10-Year Economic Development Strategy that was approved in 2011.  The Economic Development Office provided an update showing that 75 percent of 38 actions in the 2011 Strategy had been completed or were in-progress and the remaining 25 percent were outside of the jurisdiction of the County/no longer feasible.  

The new 5-Year Economic Development Strategy was undertaken in-house by the Economic Development Office with the support of the local advisor to the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.  As part of the Strategy an online business survey was conducted between, November 26, 2019 and February 10, 2020, along with 56 one-on-one stakeholder interviews, economic trends analysis and economic literature review.  

While the Economic Development Office was in the process of reviewing the Draft 5-Year Economic Development Strategy in mid-March 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic came to Canada.  The Strategy was temporarily delayed being delivered to County Council so that an Economic Development & Tourism​​​​ COVID-19 Recovery Plan could be developed and incorporated into the Strategy.

The 5-Year Strategy and COVID-19 Recovery Plan were approved by County Council on March 9, 2021.


​County of Simcoe's 5-Year Economic Development Strategy Goals: 

​The Economic Development Strategy merges the literature review, economic base analysis, business surveys and one-on-one stakeholder interviews into a 5-year path forward for the Economic Development Office to follow. The overall goals of the Strategy​ are: 
  1. ​Simcoe County will be recognized as a premier destination for investment in Ontario. 
  2. Through an excellent quality of life, education and careers, Simcoe County attracts and retains talent to support the needs of its thriving business community. 
  3. Businesses stay and grow in the region, supported by a strong and innovative business development environment. 
  4. The County of Simcoe’s Economic Development Office is a leader in facilitating and building effective and collaborative relationships that create a strong ecosystem for regional economic development. 
  5. Advocate for and support the delivery of infrastructure to meet the needs of a competitive business community.
For detailed information on the 5-Year Economic Development Strategy and/or Economic Development & Tourism COVID-19 Recovery Plan, please visit the following links:
​If you would like any more information on the County of Simcoe 5-Year Economic Development Strategy or COVID-19 Recovery Plan, please contact the Economic Development Office at 705-726-9300 or edo@simcoe.ca.